Juice fasting also known as juicing is such an awesome practice recommended by health practitioners in weight loss industry.
Let us get to the topic of today Juice fasting, What is Juice fasting?
Juice fasting or juicing is the space of time when one takes only liquid substance such as
Juice fasting is a vast diet practice almost in every part of the world, The big question remains is this practice exaggerated or is it credible.
Well let’s find out:
Reason Why You Should Try Juice Fasting
Juice fasting (juicing) is also known as juice cleansing. The fact about individuals undergoing juice fasting isn’t looking forward to losing weight but to boost up the chemical composition of the body,
Although weight loss is an added advantage of going through this process.
Juicing always remains the process of extracting juice from fruit or vegetable and other juice containing the natural product.
The part of the fruit juice is extracted from is called fiber, Some individuals encounter digestive issues with fibers although fiber is a healthy part of the diet.
Pure natural juice contains:
Found in vegetables and fruits, Individuals undergoing juice fasting reveals that the process aids and facilitates the absorption and digestion of food in the stomach (intestine).
Below are other ways juicing helps the body
- Eliminates toxins from the body
- Boost of immune system
- Weigh loss.
How to juice fast works.
You want to make the best of choice when it gets to choosing recipes for juicing, you should really consider organic fruits and vegetables because of its low content of pesticides and other chemicals such as preservatives.
Research has shown that individuals participating in juice lost about 100 pounds of weight in 60 days(2 months) of a juice fast.
Below is the list of juice to be consumed and the time to be consumed.
When to consume—-What to drink( in ounce)
- Bedtime——herbal tea
- Dessert——-16 oz. purple or orange juice
- Dinner———16 oz. green juice
- Afternoon snack———16 oz. yellow or red juice
- Lunch——-16 oz. green juice
- Mid-morning snack——16 oz. of coconut water or vegetable broth
- Breakfast——16 oz. orange or red juice
- Wake up——8 oz. of hot water with lemon or ginger
This juice comes in varying colors and the various colors contain its particular contents.
- Orange juice may have sweet potatoes
- Red juice may contain beets
- Green juices often have a mix of kale, cucumber, or celery
- Yellow juice may contain fruits like pineapple and yellow bell pepper
- Purple juices have ingredients like purple grapes or blueberries
Although the effects of juice fast could be tremendous, It could also post some risk factors to its consumers, Below are some side effects of juice fast
The above effects are assumed temporal but in cases where you experience prolong effects listed below, it’s advised you contact your doctor.
- Severe diarrhea
- Extreme dizziness
- Low blood pressure
Notwithstanding the good effects of juice fast medical practitioners do not advise an individual to embark on consuming just juice.
Relax, I wouldn’t say so if they were no reasons.
- Yes, the juice is rich in minerals and vitamins but does not Lack the most important molecule that builds and maintains the body tissues(Muscle), This factor alone could make you lose weight.
- Juice contains a high amount of glucose(sugar) which could possibly lead to weight gain, here is the bad news, Since the juice lack some molecules like fat and proteins this could lead to high amount of sugar in the blood circulation.
- Juice containing veggies such as kale, collards or spinach are presumed to pose health issues such as slow thyroid function, this is so because the vegetables contain a high amount of Goitrogen which affects the absorption of iodine in the body.
- Fruits to be juiced are to be washed to avoid contaminations. i.e Bacteria
- It is advised to prepare juice that can be consumed in one sitting if they are leftovers it is required you store in an airtight container and placed in a refrigerator. If after 24hrs you happen not to consume this juice it is expected you discard the juice as it may be contaminated with bacteria.
How to make juice
In making a juice you expected to put into consideration many things as it may spice up the taste and flavor of the juice.
I will be showing you some recipe to make some nice juice with appetizing aromas
Green juice is one of the healthy ways to consume your greens, they contain cucumber, spinach, kale. Some vegetables like celery, broccoli, or romaine lettuce could be added.
A couple of pears and apples and ginger could be added to spice it up.
Beets can be combined with carrots, apple, and ginger.
Beets help with
- Control blood pressure
- Reduce inflammation
- Improve digestion
Sweet potato with pumpkin and orange makes a new take on orange juice.
Potato juice can make a surprisingly nice taste and aroma.
Though they are no scientific record stating the importance of juicing over whole fruit or veggies, juicing can make a recurrent effort in individuals keeping the body fit.
Blending remains the best and most efficient way of harmonizing vegetable and fruits into smoothies.
Share this article with a family member today or friends, and you can leave your suggestions and comments in the comment box below.